A&H

Debate: Is too much emphasis placed on referee 'levels'?

Is too emphasis placed on referee level?

• Yes

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
There's so much more to it. For example I have a league cup final this weekend and I did a bit of research on my assistants, basically was trying to work out who is senior/junior in advance in case they're both the same. Now one is a Level 6 and one is a Level 5, however, what if the Level 5 had no experience as an assistant but the Level 6 has 4 years of experience as a supply league assistant referee? I'd actually think that the Level 6 would be more suitable as the senior.
You go down injured, the L5 comes on. Therefore, the L5 is the senior assistant. No ifs, buts or maybes about it I'm afraid!

Do you want a reply to this question?

We could say anything and get a ban

I will say the best of the Mods... Creep, creepy...
Hmmm.........

The Referee Store
You go down injured, the L5 comes on. Therefore, the L5 is the senior assistant. No ifs, buts or maybes about it I'm afraid!

Hmmm.........

Oh, I know in that scenario the Level 5 would be my senior no ifs no buts for exactly the reason you state. However I do feel that when ignoring the injured scenario the Level 6 is more suitable. Obviously you'd still have your Level 5 as your scenario. Luckily this isn't the situation I'm in at the weekend, the Level 5 is the more experienced as an AR.

Oh, I know in that scenario the Level 5 would be my senior no ifs no buts for exactly the reason you state. However I do feel that when ignoring the injured scenario the Level 6 is more suitable. Obviously you'd still have your Level 5 as your scenario. Luckily this isn't the situation I'm in at the weekend, the Level 5 is the more experienced as an AR.
But that's the entire way the selection process of who is senior/junior is done with NAR's. If you have a 5 & a 6, 5 is senior!
However...whether you have your senior or junior bench side, well that's entirely your choice :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've only done 4 lines and already have been the junior and placed on the bench side (Charity game, other assistant knew some of the crowd and wanted to be on their side) and been technically the senior and placed on the non-bench side (no strong preference and the other assistant volunteered).

Yeah, I've only done 4 lines and already have been the junior and placed on the bench side (Charity game, other assistant knew some of the crowd and wanted to be on their side) and been technically the senior and placed on the non-bench side (no strong preference and the other assistant volunteered).
thank you Graeme, i like the way you put that, avoiding mentioning my senior citizen status ! :)

Back