A&H

DBS policy

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
I have tried using my DBS update service to clear me for reffing.

Unfortunately my DBS was sent back by the company that does the FA DBS (company called GBG) saying "Certificate contains Adults Barred List check which we aren't entitled to use".

I have contacted both DBS and GBG asking why my DBS is no good and each says the other sets the rules on what type of DBS is acceptable.

My DBS shows i am cleared for both child and adult workforce.

I have tried contacting safeguarding at the FA (cannot get any reply after two days trying) and my CFA also do not know the answer.

Do any of the readers on here know who sets the policy? I have got nowhere!

The Referee Store
Pretty daft isn't it! You dbs is essentially "over charged" with information that the FA is not cleared to see. Essentially because they only want to pay for one check not 2.

I don't think the FA accept DBS clearance from other authorities. Contact your RDO as they should be able to tell you whether your existing DBS is valid for the FA, if not you will need to get another one done through GBG. Ridiculous I know, but that is how it is.

Cant you join Athens DBS update service? Effectively a new DBS check but utilising your preexisting registration information

I don't think the FA accept DBS clearance from other authorities. Contact your RDO as they should be able to tell you whether your existing DBS is valid for the FA, if not you will need to get another one done through GBG. Ridiculous I know, but that is how it is.
I think you misunderstood me.

I already have the DBS update service but it's deemed "too good" as it already has a search for adults which the FA company (GBG) says they are not entitled to see.

The FA does accepts other DBS but not if they have any added content that says anything extra to children only. This is the problem.

Back