A&H

'Cynical' fouls

There was a bit of tongue in cheek in my previous comment but there was a serious side too. If players are appealing for something which is correct, I don't think it is right to caution for it. Where do you stop? Foul in the PA and attackers appeal for a penalty, do you give the pen and cation the attackers as well?

How often have we said on this forum not to award something if there is no appeal (I know it not right). But like it or not we naturally act this way, if there is no reaction from players we go with the lower or no punishment. Now we can't say we caution those who appeal at the same time. We can't have the cake and eat it too.

Sure if players are appealing for more than what it actually is I can think of cautioning. But personally I'd only do that only if it's excessive and only when asking for more.

I do get your point of appealing make it harder to sell as thou you are reacting to the appeal and not the incident. But that is part of the job and is not just in football.
I'm not referring to the expected, 'he's gotta go ref!'. Quite a bit more distasteful than that. Otherwise, I'll abide by your direction...

The Referee Store
Back