A&H

Crewe attempt to kick in the head

The Referee Store
Have to say, the red I thought was harsh.
The referee was initially unmoved on the challenge and clearly unobstructed.
The 4th official has given his verdict, likely under duress from the onslaught from the bench that all came rushing out.
For me, the player who was sent off was entitled to go to the ball, as was the Crewe player. His foot never went above waist height it seems and only thing for me would be a yellow at best for C1 DP.

As for the penalty... The Crewe player blatantly kicked his leg us and hit the Stevenage player and never got in trouble for it. That was more a red card, and right in front of the referee.

I’ve watched it a few times and it’s not the best angle but I agree it’s a soft red, kicked in the head is stretching it a bit!

I fancy this was clear SFP from the perspective of the dugouts. It took me three views from the referee's angle to eventually see this

red for SFP for me and totally correct for the 4th to call it...that's one of his roles, to advise on incidents on which they have the clearer view.
Not so keen on the referee then giving hand demonstrations on why the player was dismissed if afterall the instruction to dismiss came from someone else ! Setting yourself up for a fall here, its SFP, red card, not it was SFP, he did this with this and caught him here.......

Back