A&H

CPA v ARS

Wolf_Ref

RefChat Addict
Level 3W Referee
So first observations - referee kits and palace gk kits? Thoughts/feelings?

A&H International
Pics or link or colours etc?

every other epl game has gk in all black same as ref so doubt its of interest but happy to wait see

Here it is - apologies - I’m not a great photographer!

Attachments

• 997DCE98-A515-4953-A929-40D2549FFC0B.jpeg
    997DCE98-A515-4953-A929-40D2549FFC0B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 7A1ECC09-4C95-4159-8385-9C6E0A84CA7D.jpeg
    7A1ECC09-4C95-4159-8385-9C6E0A84CA7D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
Not a big deal but kit colours are pre arranged and with so many colours available, either someone didn't do their job right or someone else forgot to wash their used kit last night.

Not a prob for me watching on TV. As a Bton fan it pains me, but Palace are the best team to watch in the division at the mo I reckon. They play like Leeds but can also defend and have far more skillful players, and press effectively - so not really that much like Leeds!

Great refereeing performance from Tierney. Spot on with cards / non cards, allowed game to flow and got the bigger decisions right (though the Palace penalty likely with help from the team). Also enjoyed the fact he was prepared to stop the game a couple of times to have a public word. Positioning wise always where he needed to be. ⭐

Great refereeing performance from Tierney. Spot on with cards / non cards, allowed game to flow and got the bigger decisions right (though the Palace penalty likely with help from the team). Also enjoyed the fact he was prepared to stop the game a couple of times to have a public word. Positioning wise always where he needed to be. ⭐
Agree with this. Not a palace fan, albeit I was there, but no dud decisions really.

Thought the pen was a pen, nothing hideous, but catches Zaha when he turns, but took time to make his decision.

Thought palace were excellent (Arsenal not turned up) and think they will give Chelski a run for their money at Wembley!

This is such a ridiculous thing that keeps coming up. The match officials do not get a say in what colours they wear, it is all decided by the Premier League and PGMOL well in advance.

But looking here. Can they wear yellow, no. Can they wear blue, no. Purple, no. Black is absolutely the best colour, and whilst it might clash with a keeper so what, the referee isn't likely to be challenging Guita at any point in the game.

Think it's safe to say, anything on the Premier League isn't going to be relevant for the rest of the tier system.

Our rule is black = banned, and yes, referees are to enforce it. So, just because the PL/PGMOL allow it, does not mean we or any grassroots clubs can use it as an excuse to get around any laws/rules that are in force to stop it. (If the no black kit rule doesn't apply to your leagues, then happy days.)

I'm with Rusty on this, seriously doubt even Stevie Wonder would confuse a keeper with the referee.

Whilst I personally have always been a bit of a traditionalist and don't see the need for teams wearing same colour shorts or both wearing stripes when they both have something & white, especially when teams have 3 kits a season, but keeper wearing the same as the referee never has or ever will be an issue.

I wonder how many people had an issue with Lev Yashin wearing all Black/Navy in the '60s?

Attachments

• 3353381e1b81aed0bdf1381e437bfaaa--goodison-park-semi-final.jpg
    3353381e1b81aed0bdf1381e437bfaaa--goodison-park-semi-final.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 12
Back