A&H

Course starting soon .

I revised with areferee.com and went into my exam worried like mad. I finished my exam really quickly and thought it was very easy. I then went through the paper twice more as I thought I must be wrong somewhere. I got 1 question wrong and surprised the examiner. areferee.com pushes you as a new ref but makes the exam easy. My exam was paper only.

The Referee Store
I revised with areferee.com and went into my exam worried like mad. I finished my exam really quickly and thought it was very easy. I then went through the paper twice more as I thought I must be wrong somewhere. I got 1 question wrong and surprised the examiner. areferee.com pushes you as a new ref but makes the exam easy. My exam was paper only.

Thats great, yeh panicking a bit, as I find some of the questions on areferee.com are quite difficult or some of the answers are very similar. Our exam is online. 50 multiple choice questions with 10 video clips.

I used paper only.
Questions on a projector. Timed.
Was fine.
Got a few more wrong than I thought but passed comfortably.

cool, cheers was panicking a bit, is it 80% in multiple choice and 80% in video clips or both accumulated together?
yeh the 50 exam questions on areferee.com is quite hard.

There are no video questions for the basic referee course. The questions are also MUCH easier than the ones on that website. Don't worry, go over the LOTG, you'll be fine.

Just to write about my second game as a ref, again as the first, no official AR's, it ended 2-3.

Bottom vs second bottom, was quite a good game, gave my first penalty for a handball against the winning team, which made the game 2-3, and played about 4 minutes of second half added time (mainly for a minor knee to the head on the gk).

The 3 minutes didn't go down too well with the winning team, but I couldn't really blow after the 3 I was intending to, as one team was still on the attack, with throw ins close to the penalty area.

Had it been at the other end, I'd have done exactly the same, and I did tell the manager that afterwards.

All in all again, a success, next match is later today, at Derby County Training Ground, not as AR this time, I'm in the middle!

U11, and i haven't been allocated any assistants, which will be a first for me if no one volunteers (I'm not sure how it works regarding that).

There's another ref on at the same time and I recognise the name from my previous AR's so I'll be having a good chat with him beforehand.

I'll report back on how it goes, now to get some sleep as I have work 0630-1500 and I'm not tired.

Just to write about my second game as a ref, again as the first, no official AR's, it ended 2-3.

Bottom vs second bottom, was quite a good game, gave my first penalty for a handball against the winning team, which made the game 2-3, and played about 4 minutes of second half added time (mainly for a minor knee to the head on the gk).

The 3 minutes didn't go down too well with the winning team, but I couldn't really blow after the 3 I was intending to, as one team was still on the attack, with throw ins close to the penalty area.

Had it been at the other end, I'd have done exactly the same, and I did tell the manager that afterwards.

All in all again, a success, next match is later today, at Derby County Training Ground, not as AR this time, I'm in the middle!

U11, and i haven't been allocated any assistants, which will be a first for me if no one volunteers (I'm not sure how it works regarding that).

There's another ref on at the same time and I recognise the name from my previous AR's so I'll be having a good chat with him beforehand.

I'll report back on how it goes, now to get some sleep as I have work 0630-1500 and I'm not tired.
Dont worry if a team is on the attack e.g. throw ins etc. You are the sole time keeper. If a team runs out of time, they run out of time. Tough luck..thats the game. You get 90 mins plus allowances for stoppages. No more.
I've blown up when the ball has gone for a corner.. "sorry chaps. Times up.". If any1 wants to argue I'll flip it round and ask them how they'd feel as the defending side in that scenario.

Thats great, yeh panicking a bit, as I find some of the questions on areferee.com are quite difficult or some of the answers are very similar. Our exam is online. 50 multiple choice questions with 10 video clips.
What you have to remember is that they WANT you to pass! It's not like a driving test.

Back