A&H

Costa v West Ham

deusex

RefChat Addict
Shame to see that the first high profile card for dissent isn't followed up by a straight red (or even a second caution) for an awful challenge on Adrian.
Guy goes on to score winner.
2 points Chelsea should never have had this early.
Anthony Taylor missed a chance to do some good here.
3743F85600000578-3742234-image-a-30_1471297703477.jpg

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Have to admit that from the normal camera angle it doesn't look anywhere as bad as that, it looks like a second yellow (at least) and therefore a red.. However, to give nothing is way off the mark. The Ref has obviously misread the action and not seen the severity of what this freeze frame clearly shows. I'm not in favour of retrospective action after a game has finished but i'd be keeping this horrible **** on my radar for the next time!!!

Have to admit that from the normal camera angle it doesn't look anywhere as bad as that, it looks like a second yellow (at least) and therefore a red.. However, to give nothing is way off the mark. The Ref has obviously misread the action and not seen the severity of what this freeze frame clearly shows. I'm not in favour of retrospective action after a game has finished but i'd be keeping this horrible **** on my radar for the next time!!!

Yeah was def hard to spot how bad it was first time around

The action of the foot was down the Achilles, not straight on (like the photographs show). Bad challenge, should not have played any further part in that game.

I'm going to reactivate this today, following Jon Moss' utterly disgraceful and shameful non-dealing with of Diego Costa. A clear and blatant dive, having already been cautioned, he then went on to score winner. Moss continues to get worse...and worse...and worse!

Agree with this, as a ref we should look at the refs position and not them of the Sky retribution angle. I would not have sent him for that from the refs point of view. If the refs take a view on Costa because of the media view on him then they're letting us all down. As an ex player I would love Costa in my team, I think he's great

It did amuse me to see Costa moaning about the treatment he gets from referees after this game...

Picked on? Living in a dream world Diego!

as a West Ham fan I was horrified ... how we can have 2 officials who didn't see that is beyond me!

but follow that up a week later, and he does it to Watford after, as @DanCohen17 quite rightly said, an awful dive which should have been yellow numero 2

2 weeks on the trot a ref bottles it with Chelsea, 2 weeks on the trot it comes back to haunt the other team ... and so the Chelsea steam rolle rkeeps going

*Same old Chelsea, always cheating!*

Back