A&H

Closed dates and appointments

Milks101

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Hi All,

New level 4 this year, just wondering when closed dates need to be submitted by and when fixtures usually come out for the following month.

Cheers,

Milks.

The Referee Store
Get your closed dates in as early as you possibly can, especially the known personal ones you are going to want closed (e.g birthdays, anniversaries etc).

Provisional appointments will start being made now by all involved (even if they aren’t published yet) so the general rule of thumb is the earlier the better

Varies tbh. The first set are nearly always very late in coming out (expect very end of July if you’re lucky) but generally third week of each month

Closed dates for September need to be submitted within 3 days of the contribuory league appointments for August coming out etc.
Any later that that you’ll need to inform your appointments officer of the reasons why.

Your August closed dates should already have been submitted.

Perfect thanks, I work shifts and the dates are not confirmed till the 15th of the month before. August are in already, just need to make sure all is good!

I work shifts too. My rota can be changed with 5 weeks notice so I have a bit of overlap each month where its a bit risky but so far have been okay. As others have said, and you'll find out at the new l4 meeting / seminar that closed dates for the next month need to be submitted within 3 days of the previous months fixtures being published. So you get appointments on 23 July. You have until 26th to close September dates. Anything after needs a phone call to appointment officer to explain why the dates need to be closed. Be careful closing dates once Septembers are out because e FA appointments for Trophies and fa cup are done elsewhwre. So if you have a free Saturday, still ring to close it as it might be you've already been appointed to an FA competition it just hasnt been published yet.

Back