A&H

Cleaning boots time!

When did you clean your boots?

• Straight after last game of the season of course!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Some short time after the season finished

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A little while ago during the break

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • About a week ago now the season nears

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Day before first game

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • What's this cleaning boots activity you talk of?

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

SM

The avuncular one
lol

Just cleaned my boots before first game of the season tomorrow.

Forgot to clean them after last game of the season. Man that was some stubborn grass and mud!!!

Poll time; when did you clean yours?

The Referee Store
i try to clean them as soon as i get them home after a game , however i do keep some wet wipes in the bag in case i ever forget !

I cleaned them properly (laces out and everything) a day or two after what would have been my last match of the season got cancelled - but I'm pretty sloppy at doing them properly during the season, especially between Sat/Sun matches...

Good call Rusty, just ordered one, a scraper and some Dubbin off Amazon.... I bet the young guns don't even know what that is???

lol

Just cleaned my boots before first game of the season tomorrow.

Forgot to clean them after last game of the season. Man that was some stubborn grass and mud!!!

Poll time; when did you clean yours?

Is the mojo back?

The Boot Buddy was featured on Dragon's Den tonight and got investment from Deborah Meaden, Peter Jones and Touker Suleyman.

We have so many 3G pitches here in the Netherlands there's hardly ever any need to clean my boots any more, apart from shaking out the tiny rubber or cork pellets. Which, by the way, have a tendency to stick to my socks and then create havoc in the washing machine...

Anyway, the few times a season I do have a match on natural grass I clean my boots when I get home.

We have so many 3G pitches here in the Netherlands there's hardly ever any need to clean my boots any more, apart from shaking out the tiny rubber or cork pellets. Which, by the way, have a tendency to stick to my socks and then create havoc in the washing machine...

Anyway, the few times a season I do have a match on natural grass I clean my boots when I get home.

Is there still concerns being voiced regarding the potential of carcinogenic properties in the rubber crumb applied to 3G pitches worldwide?

@RegalRef: Earlier this year such concerns were raised, as a substance (MBT) in the rubber filling was linked - no evidence of actual causation! - to instances of cancer. But things went no further than a few - underexposed - articles and manufacturers of 3G pitches were quick to assure people that either their rubber filling didn't contain MBT or they used a different filling material such as cork or quartz sand. So the whole thing blew over very quickly. I have no idea what the current state of affairs is.

Good lord, no! My father used to be the "facilities manager" (as I think they're called these days) at a club and he'd always cuss and complain at players who did just that, because it meant that every so often he had to unplug the drains. Please respect that sign, sir.

Back