A&H

City vs Chelsea

The Referee Store
I do think a couple of the SPA/tackles from behind from City didn't get punished like the early yellows did to Chelsea. But other than that nothing.

Thought Pawson was a little inconsistent with some of his cautions, but it wasn't something that took a lot away from his performance. For example, I thought the KDB play right in front of the benches was worthy of a caution given some of the other cautions he had given earlier. But all told, very solid work by Pawson in this game.

My opinion only, but I think Pawson is one who is hurt by his inconsistency. I've seen him be outstanding in matches, but I've also seen him with some real head-scratching matches. When he's on his game, I think he's very good - right below Oliver and Taylor for someone I'd trust with the biggest of matches in England. But sometimes, he just drops a clanger out of nowhere.

Thought Pawson was a little inconsistent with some of his cautions, but it wasn't something that took a lot away from his performance. For example, I thought the KDB play right in front of the benches was worthy of a caution given some of the other cautions he had given earlier. But all told, very solid work by Pawson in this game.
In fairness that was just a little clumsy, it didn't really break up an attack. Whereas Alonso had three attempts to stop Sterling, and Kovacic tripped a player running into space, and they were 100% nailed on SPA.

Back