The Ref Stop

City Villa dive

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Grealish whacks his own foot into the turf while spinning theatrically. Ref buys it. Surely this is the kind of blatant cheating Stockley park is for?

The Ref Stop
Pretty sure there was a trip, but also very sure that Grealish unnaturally moved his leg into the path of the defender. The problem is that "football expects" a penalty there, the lack of complaints by Aston Villa players and the views of Gary Neville, Roy Keane and Micah Richards very much demonstrates that.

Certainly not one that VAR would be going anywhere near.

Therein lies the inconsistency we see so often. Minimal contact, Grealish 10/10 for the theatrics and gets a penalty and yet another week, different referee won't give a penalty for far greater contact and intent by the defender.

Not convinced by the first half "foul" by Haaland on Martinez. Looked like they just ran into each other.

I’ve seen it several times and can’t see a trip in there. Did seem that Grealish kicked his left calf with his own right foot, which would legitimately cause him to go over. For a change.

I’ve seen it several times and can’t see a trip in there. Did seem that Grealish kicked his left calf with his own right foot, which would legitimately cause him to go over. For a change.
I wanted to right to the same. I am yet to see contact to the legs from any of the clips. For me, Grealish has kicked his own foot, then dug his own foot into the turf with a twist. It was an outrageous dive for me. I was expecting VAR and YC.

Back