A&H

Circular Red Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger_Ref1902

Level 5 Referee
Does anyone know where you can buy these?

Use to be able to buy on the RA shop with a large rectangle Yellow Card, but they have seemed to have vanished.

The Referee Store
Does anyone know where you can buy these?

Use to be able to buy on the RA shop with a large rectangle Yellow Card, but they have seemed to have vanished.

try some hockey websites, i think their cards are different shapes, the red one being circular.
i'll have a look as well and see if i can find a link for you

The circular and oval cards were originally introduced to "assist" players who couldn't differentiate between the colours. It was also to help the referee who wanted to pull out the quick card, the shape telling him which card he was pulling out.

I cut my own cards from large rectangular cards. Works fine as long as you don’t want to go back to rectangular cards!

The circular and oval cards were originally introduced to "assist" players who couldn't differentiate between the colours. It was also to help the referee who wanted to pull out the quick card, the shape telling him which card he was pulling out.
I know I used them.....

Reminds me of my short lived school hockey career.....upon telling a referee what I thought of a few calls, he produced a green triangle.
Ignorant to the laws as I was, I very intelligently (?) snapped back with..
"A f@@@ing green triangle, wtf is that all about"

This was of course swiftly followed with some red coloured thing, even I was aware what that meant....

I've found that the circular/oval card sits more comfortably in the back pocket compared to a rectangular one

Didn't they come in small protective binder where you could store match cards and fixture response letters?

Pretty sure I own those. I've been wondering why the RA Store's stock has been dwindling, I guess it isn't popular anymore.

Did these cards start off oblong and certain referees with circular patrol paths wanted to feel that their games territory was celebrated too! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back