A&H

Chelsea Women vs Arsenal Women

A&H International
Penalty , and, yellow card for me. Not cause I want to yellow her but it feels right here.

cant see ref in this clip but no reason to doubt the above post, can see AR and no way she can call this, even if she thinks she sees it, its not credible

Penalty , and, yellow card for me. Not cause I want to yellow her but it feels right here.

cant see ref in this clip but no reason to doubt the above post, can see AR and no way she can call this, even if she thinks she sees it, its not credible
The referee was around the edge of the area almost exactly level vertically with the handling player. Zero chance of being able to see it unless she has developed x-ray vision.

Penalty, but there is no way Rebecca Welch can see it from her position, and the active AR Lisa Rashid was also blocked off through looking through so many players.
(Edit: assuming she was inline) There were zero players to look through for the AR. She has the perfect angle and no block. Only the distance was a bit far. But for a handball this clear, I'd expect her to call it.

Edit 2
This should help

Screenshot_20220213-022329__01.jpg

Last edited:
(Edit: assuming she was inline) There were zero players to look through for the AR. She has the perfect angle and no block. Only the distance was a bit far. But for a handball this clear, I'd expect her to call it.

Edit 2
This should help

View attachment 5447

Thats not credible for the Ar to call

ridiculous to suggest otherwise

a shout down comms, maybe

to flag, ( as good as award it) no

Sorry but thats nonsense to think the Ar is going credibly award this,

this is a referees call.

it would be a surprise, a rarity, for ( a uk) Ar to flag this

Edit 2
This should help

View attachment 5447
I'm not sure you can really tell from that image. Because the defender is in the air it is tricky to see where she actually is and I think the Chelsea player on the far post might be in the way. In any case, it is too far for her to get involved unless the referee asks for help, certainly no way she can flag it. I remember watching the replay real time and it looked very much to me that both officials were blocked off.

I'm not sure you can really tell from that image. Because the defender is in the air it is tricky to see where she actually is and I think the Chelsea player on the far post might be in the way. In any case, it is too far for her to get involved unless the referee asks for help, certainly no way she can flag it. I remember watching the replay real time and it looked very much to me that both officials were blocked off.
Agree with too far and can't flag on her own but she should be on the comms and telling the referee is is clear as day handball. I do still think she has clear view. Looking at grass cutting line being at 6yard from goal line, ball contact is about 2 yards out, AR is about 3 yards out and any players in between are about 4 yards out. But even had players been at 3 yards they wouldn't block her view.

Back