A&H

Charity game quandary

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Been asked to do a quite special game for a certain team past and present XI etc but it’s for the Children’s Hospital. Now, they know and you lot know that I was having a fallow season, basically retiring or not as the case may be. I’ve turned down quite a few league games this season and am currently renovating my daughters old house which is coming to fruition. Do I say no, do I say yes. Heart says yes, head says no!

Problem I’ll have is that word will go around that I’m back and you know what will follow!

What to do???

The Referee Store
Give it up you daft owd buggar,you know you're past it. Tell them you'll make a cameo appearance, start the match then stop it and get yourself subbed.......gets you a round of applause (or something) too....

Sanctioned...possibly. Not sanctioned, no way. Sanctioned, but likely to have players drinking before kick-off...? Also no way.

Definitely sanctioned, not a p1ss up team either... lots of history with me, mostly in a good way but a few negative incidents of note too!! Two guys that play for them are good mates too, manager is a 4nob though!!!

Well, wish me luck, Twitter is twittered, my name is in lights on their website, they are wheeling out this old timer one more time!!!

Anyone help me with those rules, those old Sheffield ones have been superseded i've heard!!!

Well, wish me luck, Twitter is twittered, my name is in lights on their website, they are wheeling out this old timer one more time!!!

Anyone help me with those rules, those old Sheffield ones have been superseded i've heard!!!
Rules? You've never used the real ones, just made them up as you went along....why change now; you after promotion?

I hear the referee has to get out of the centre circle at least three times a half these days.

Good luck.

Back