A&H

Changing Countys

Matthew Griffith

Level 7 Referee
Hello all,

I am currently going for promotion, level 7 to 6.

The decision on my promotion was deferred in March due to a lack of games (mixture of family issues, rubbish weather and uni commitments) and I've been told a decision will be made at the start of next season.

However, I'm 90% sure I will be moving back home in August and completing a placement module of my degree and therefore I will have to move county's.

Can I use the games I've completed so far and continue with my promotion bid at this county or will I have to start a fresh and complete another 20 games and go through the process of re-applying?

Any responses will be really appreciated,

Cheers

The Referee Store
Hello all,

I am currently going for promotion, level 7 to 6.

The decision on my promotion was deferred in March due to a lack of games (mixture of family issues, rubbish weather and uni commitments) and I've been told a decision will be made at the start of next season.

However, I'm 90% sure I will be moving back home in August and completing a placement module of my degree and therefore I will have to move county's.

Can I use the games I've completed so far and continue with my promotion bid at this county or will I have to start a fresh and complete another 20 games and go through the process of re-applying?

Any responses will be really appreciated,

Cheers
I've done almost exactly this: Started my 7-6, did the first ~10 games in my home county (Surrey), moved for work in the Summer and did my remaining games in my new county (Essex). The first games did count.

The place to start is your current RDO. Email them and explain your predicament and the dates you're intending to move. They should then give you the details of the RDO in the county you're moving to and if you're lucky, make initial contact with them on your behalf. Between the two of them, they'll be able to walk you through the process and specifically, what your "new" county requires you to do.

Nice one, cheers guys.

That sounds promising.

I'd be switching from Dorset to Worcestershire so all legit I'd hope.

I'll make contact with with the RDO's in question.

Back