A&H

celebrating goals at EFL level

You should perhaps read post #2 above, and consider whether what you describe as "a bit of stick" fits neatly within bullet point 2.

The law can be interpreted in different ways. If a grown adult can't sit and watch a player shush a group of fans after scoring without being provoked then it is that grown adult who needs dealing with, not the player. I don't consider shushing fans to be provocative at all.

I did, however, caution a player last week for knee sliding into the opposition dugout after scoring. THAT is provocative.

The Referee Store
The law can be interpreted in different ways. If a grown adult can't sit and watch a player shush a group of fans after scoring without being provoked then it is that grown adult who needs dealing with, not the player. I don't consider shushing fans to be provocative at all.

I did, however, caution a player last week for knee sliding into the opposition dugout after scoring. THAT is provocative.
Shushing gestures from distance (e. g. Haaland at the weekend) are one thing - approaching opposition fans to goad them is caution territory.

Back