A&H

Can you send a player off after the final whistle...

jertzee

when everyone has left the pitch?

What if, you send players off who have left the FOP after the final whistle but some players still haven't left the FOP (you had to leave the pitch to sort out the incident)

The Referee Store
My RDO told me that if the offender is on the pitch it's cards, off the pitch it's misconduct, even if the game has not started or has finished.

Not quite. If the misconduct occurs off the pitch during play, but involves a player or substitute from the game then it's cards (unless it is sufficient for abandonment).

If a misconduct occurs on the pitch following the final whistle by a player or substitute it is cards.

If a misconduct occurs off the pitch following the final whistle by a player or substitute it is misconduct.

If a misconduct does not involve a player or substitute it is misconduct.

I have sent player off for saying in a loud enough voice for me to hear "Referee was a cheat" after the match.

U15 but he got quite heated, "wasn't talking to you; not giving you my name, don't shout at me etc"

Luckily his manager stepped in, told me players name and led him away before the situation could escalate.

I had 2 yellows after the final whistle today, one was a second yellow so became a red. I'm literally at the start of my first of 3 blasts to blow for full time when a player goes straight through his opponent, clear yellow card, the fouled player (who was also on a yellow) jumped up and then went over to the offender and squared up to him, face right up close and screaming at him.

Yellow for the original offence and yellow for adopting an aggressive attitude for the responding player, which just so happened to be a second, so quickly followed by a red!

After the final whistle it's not the position of the offending player that matters, it is the position of the referee. If an offence occurs for which a player would be sent off and the referee is still on the field, then he shows the red card. If the referee has left the field of play and an offence occurs for which a player would be sent off, then it is reported as misconduct.

Back