A&H

Can you not send it in...........

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
First match of the season, away side player got yellow for dissent, then 20 minutes later second yellow +red for a bad tackle and off he went. Another 15 minutes later second away side player received a yellow for holding back a player ( had warned him before about shirt pulling, warned him anything again and he would be cautioned).
In the 89th minute the said second away player brought down a home player a 2nd yellow + red any day of the week, and off he went.
I was getting into my car and the player approached me and said" Do you have to send that in, you sent two of us off and we won't be able to get a team next week?"
I said to him " I will be sending in the reports you only have your selfs to blame"
Off he trudged mumbling under his breath....

The Referee Store
Always someone else's fault, not their own responsibility to behave on the football pitch.... :rolleyes:

First match of the season, away side player got yellow for dissent, then 20 minutes later second yellow +red for a bad tackle and off he went. Another 15 minutes later second away side player received a yellow for holding back a player ( had warned him before about shirt pulling, warned him anything again and he would be cautioned).
In the 89th minute the said second away player brought down a home player a 2nd yellow + red any day of the week, and off he went.
I was getting into my car and the player approached me and said" Do you have to send that in, you sent two of us off and we won't be able to get a team next week?"
I said to him " I will be sending in the reports you only have your selfs to blame"
Off he trudged mumbling under his breath....

If they only have 11 players now, they wont finish the season....

.....I'll be adding the misconduct report to it too now.
That's a bit harsh if it is just park football and the players are in no way abusive or threatening.
I have had this several times, I respond "thems is the rules" and they smile and get on with it...

That's a bit harsh if it is just park football and the players are in no way abusive or threatening.
I have had this several times, I respond "thems is the rules" and they smile and get on with it...
The problem is that if they do it every week, it only takes one referee to say, "Sure ok mate" and they get away with their onfield misconduct with a referee risking a suspension (yes that is HIS/HER own fault as well).

The problem is that if they do it every week, it only takes one referee to say, "Sure ok mate" and they get away with their onfield misconduct with a referee risking a suspension (yes that is HIS/HER own fault as well).
I think it's important to retain a relationship with players and slapping someone with a misconduct for what is an innocent, toung-in-cheek comment does not help.
I would feel like the recently deceased Blakey from 'On The Buses' and as a result of showing a bit of discretion, the players think we are human beings.
We can agree to disagree.

I have to agree a misconduct report would be very harsh if any referee is asked the question and goes ahead and agrees then he is solely to blame i wouldnt place much blame on the player. He is merely chancing his arm just like he has probably done for the previous 95 minutes on almost every decision you have made.

That might be the most pedantic response ever! :p

Very different situations mate. In one scenario you are doing your job 100% in giving or not a foul

In the other you are either doing your job and reporting or you are not doing your job.

To be 100% honest with this, you can often see this request coming and it can be nipped in the bud with a "I know your not about to ask me not to send reports in, because you known i would have to report it"

"No of course not ref!"

Job done.

Last edited:
That might be the most pedantic response ever! :p

Very different situations mate. In one scenario you are doing your job 100% in giving or not a foul

In the other you are either doing your job and reporting or you are not doing your job.

To be 100% honest with this, you can often see this request coming and it can be nipped in the bud with a "I know your not about to ask me not to send reports in, because you known i would have to report it"

"No of course not ref!"

Job done.
Ha ha!! Yes, it was toung-in-cheek....

Reactions: SM
We are quite lucky round my neck of the woods. It's fairly rare for players to ask this

Even in a friendly last week with 2 red's and 2 yellows no one asked.

Must be a lower class thing eh ;)

We are quite lucky round my neck of the woods. It's fairly rare for players to ask this

Even in a friendly last week with 2 red's and 2 yellows no one asked.

Must be a lower class thing eh ;)
Yes, it's when they say that the baby will have no nappies (and he's 17) or he won't be able to feed his pitbull (or her litter of pups) for a week because of the fine that really pulls at my heartstrings ;)

any player ask not to send the report is asking you to cheat, we do a lot of things referees NEVER cheat

My area is the same as @HertsFinest - the players know that it's guna be put in regardless of their whining...
But I genuinely once got one dad saying (after I booked his son for dissent - after many warnings) "but ref he was supposed to go to the shop and buy GTA 5 after this and he can't afford to now, I hope you're happy !?"

Back