A&H

Buying simulation

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Yesterday’s game, yellow v red. Red player played in one on one and keeper dives in at his feet, perfectly fine but doesn’t keep control of he ball and it spills out into the box and a melee of players begin to swing boots at it. I then notice the keeper is holding his head so it stop play to which the red team react angrily. The keeper then jumps up and walks back towards his goal, holding his head but is clearly in no way injured.

What would you have done? Unfortunately I think I’ve been sold a lie but at the same time, even without seeing contact can I really make the decision he hasn’t got a head injury?

The Referee Store
There's not really much you can do there, you can't say for sure if he has or hasn't injured his head. If the other team has grievances with his behaviour you, and the GK, will both know about it soon enough... I'd be looking out for any revenge tackles on that keeper after this.

Reactions: one
I have no qualms about stopping play there especially at a lower level, I'd rather a player be safe (which is our ultimate concern) than a team misses out on a chance to score and a player suffers a serious injury.

Reactions: one
Always best to be cautious with head injuries, doubly so when it's the GK and a KMI will usually occur if you let play continue. It's unfortunate in this case, but I think you took the sensible approach.

Back