A&H

Burnley Handball?!

Ryanj91

Going to be careful here... Maddison's shot that hit Mee's arm... How was that not a penalty?!

Time to react (outside of area and player was well inside area)
Leant towards the ball.
Movement of arm towards ball.

Although on closer inspection it could have been a dive? 🙊😂

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Not obvious to anyone in real time, as far as I recall. VAR never gonna go there either
One replay in particular showed that he motioned towards the ball by leaning his arm into the ball. Should've been a PK IMO

Last edited:
He did lean into it but his arm was by his side, for me he was trying to chest it and just misjudged it and it would have been an incredibly harsh penalty. Had his arm been further out then I would support a penalty.

Never a penalty in a million billion trillion gazillion years. Right decision was made and not any need for any debate or VAR intervention but I guess there's a reason Burnley fans don't ref Burnley games haha

Never a penalty in a million billion trillion gazillion years. Right decision was made and not any need for any debate or VAR intervention but I guess there's a reason Burnley fans don't ref Burnley games haha
Well you need a whole six officials for a start ;)

Last edited:
I just watched it and I'm amazed VAR didn't give it. For me he deliberately tries to elbow the ball. I don't think we even need to worry about the silhouette or natural position. On camera it's blatant.

Interesting as Oliver gave the Spurs one (defender blocks shot with arm overhead) and the Palace one was overturned (unexpected ball) - both good decisions IMHO.

Back