A&H

Brighton v Newcastle

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Don't think this journalist should take up refereeing

Re the Brighton penalty "Houghton thought it was, while Benitez thought it wasn't, the truth, as ever, lies somewhere in between"

What?!!!! The "truth" is that you give it or not?:rolleyes::confused:

The Referee Store
wasn't clear cut, one side always going to view it differently to the other

obviously he gave it but was it the right decision? that's what he means when the 'truth lies somewhere in between'

Saw it live, 1 defender pulls the attacker's shirt. while another (Lascelles I think) appears to push Glenn Murray in the back.

Most of the focus last night seemed to be on whether or not there was enough of a push or not, but ignored the shirt pull. Personally I have no issue with the penalty award at all on that basis.

wasn't clear cut, one side always going to view it differently to the other

obviously he gave it but was it the right decision? that's what he means when the 'truth lies somewhere in between'

Can't agree - if you're the writer (or a referee) the "truth" is you think its a pen or not.

We only have two choices, pen or no pen - there isn't a signal for "Seen them given" or any other such nonsense they spout on MOTD.

Yes but in your OP you were referring to someone who wasn't talking as a referee, he was speaking as a neutral observer. A neutral observer doesn't have to make a decision one way or the other, he's perfectly entitled to sit on the fence if he wants.

Reactions: es1
Yes but in your OP you were referring to someone who wasn't talking as a referee, he was speaking as a neutral observer. A neutral observer doesn't have to make a decision one way or the other, he's perfectly entitled to sit on the fence if he wants.

Don't want to get into an Englisg lesson again Peter;).

However, while I take your point, he's preceded his opinion with "the truth...."

Sob, sob, sob
Monday night my "senior" team are the first team all season to make Leicester look like champions
Tuesday night my home town team lash it up with a gift to my favourite manager
Huddersfield form team panic

(Yes, I was behind the goal for Jimmy Case's free kick at Highbury, saw Bailey thwart Smith as a 9 year old at Wembley, and thankfully missed the drubbing in the replay thanks to a school trip. I've had school sports day at Withdean and then watched Bton there in driving sleet from tin pot stands... the Amex is brilliant... my girls have a Gully each... big dream to get back into the top flight... and see Palace go the other way! (biscuit please;)) )

Back