A&H

Bournemouth v Man Utd

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Around the 25th minute, there was a push from United's defender on Bournemouth in the area.

My first reaction was penalty. Replay shows it more I think.

Ref says no, pointing to suggest he got the ball. The ball was in flight at the time and clearly heading to the Bournemouth player.

Disregard the fact its against United, would you be giving it?
Also, is the referee wrong to be pointing at the ball when a penalty shout is there? I'm watching without sound and first reaction is he has given it. Looks awful pointing (and something I got picked up in observation which I've learned to get out of my game and use my voice instead).

The Referee Store
I didn't notice that. But I agree that pointing at the ball isn't good here and, as has been commented on here previously, is asking for trouble.

I think Tierney looks better than last season. I note he did also get conned and give a DFK the wrong way when Brooks was shirt pulling.

Utd were so bad for the first 25, really abject. Gutted they equalized. As a staunch ABU I hope Jose hangs around!

Do any of Utd's back 4 or 2 def mids get in any top 6 side? - no way Jose - they are dreadful, laughable.
Was Matic riding Kante's shoulders? Probably.

Oh lord that was depressing

I'd like to see more angles... but did Marcus handle for the winning goal?
And did he get a YC for the crowd celebration?

Just like any other technical mandatory caution, they are only good for the first year or two after they come in. After that they are mostly ignored by referees in top leagues.

Last edited:
Oh lord that was depressing

I'd like to see more angles... but did Marcus handle for the winning goal?
The provisions on cautioning for an excessive goal celebration when the player goes towards the spectators allow a certain amount of leeway to the referee. They don't say the player must be cautioned every single time they approach the crowd, they say the player is cautioned for:
approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues

So if the player approaches the crowd, but in a way that the referee thinks does not cause safety and/or security issues, the player does not have to be cautioned.

Back