A&H

boots

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
I recently grew out of my Nike tiempos so I need a new pair of boots, but I need them in mouldies as the screw in/metal studs hurt my feet and give me blisters, so I was wondering what people use and what they recommend, any advice would be appreciated...

cheers

The Referee Store
Depends entirely on budget.

The Nike Tiempos (as used in PL) or the Adidas Copa Mundials (as used in European Competition) are regarded as the best.

Personally, I wear Copa Mundials. They used to be £65 at SportsDirect but, as far as I've been told, are now on sale for around £85.

Cheaper models of Tiempos are comfortable, although not very durable. The Adidas Kaiser 5 range are also decent and look similar to Copa's but are significantly cheaper.

It's a lot about preference though!

Thumbs up for the Kaiser 5. Last pair lasted me 2 seasons, but had to buy another pair of them because grew out of them. Quite good price too at £55.

If your looking a low budget boot that is good quality I got these at the start of the season:

http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sp..._v_un_info=&un_jtt_v_un_pers=&un_jtt_redirect

I believe the ones in the link are metal studs, however I wear moulded bladed or plastic blades whatever their called. There is a version of them in white and black instead of white black and green, and I think they would go better with a refs kit.

I woupd deffo recommend them mate, great value for money. The next boots I plan to buy will be the Nike premiers, the boots used by refs in the PL:

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/mobile/products/62365.aspx

You might struggle with moulded boots in winter if the ground is wet, try some with slightly larger plastic blades... Just a suggestion

I played and refereed in Nike Tiempo, with the hard plastic moulded soles for a couple of seasons - probably the best boots I've worn. Still use them for really wet, soggy ground as I feel I get a bit more 'bite' from the firmer soles.

Generally I wear Addidas Kaiser 5's now, pretty good when the going is firm underfoot and even on quite hard ground, but I have quite wide feet, and have to go a size up in Addidas - so they are a little long on my feet.

I also have a pair of Nike 'turf boots' for astro turf - but wear them when the ground is like concrete.

As the ground firms up though, I also have a couple of rubber inserts that sit in the heel - bought from Sports Direct - and these really help with the impact. I used to get really sore heels and ankles on hard ground, but these have reduced that immensely.

I wear the Kaiser 5 (8.5) and the old AdiNova (8) just depends on the pitch and which one I wore to coaching in the morning. Both comfy even though the adiNova is tight to put on & they are so comfy but then a bugger to take off haha and with the Kaiser 5 I'm in to my second year of them but I'm getting rid and hoping to buy Pele (bit more vintage) or another pair of Adidas. Not a fan of Nike

Never got on with the Adidas boots as I have flippers for feet, and the tiempos felt like slippers when I put them on. If I started whistling again I'd definitely go straight for tiempos again

thanks for the advice tomorrow I am going into the city centre tomorrow to get some and im thinking copa mundials :)

I'm getting a new pair of boots as well next season they are bladed and can host a chip in the bottom so you know how fast your running on the pitch and combining that I'm getting a forunner watch

If you want boots cheap eBay is a great place to look, I got;
1x new Copa Mundial for £65
1x new Adidas World Cups for £55
1x once used Copa Mundial for £50
All in excellent condition!

Back