A&H

Bookings

Unfortunately in one of the leagues I regularly ref in, referees no longer get a copy of the team sheets. Always have followed the standard protocol regarding carding procedure and with or without team sheet double check the name I was given during the game with the manager afterwards. Players often don't like it when you ask them to spell their name or repeat it, but doesn't bother me. As others have said, often serves to calm things down especially if there's a few borderline challenges flying in. I have book sized sheets, one side has all the match info and on the blank reverse, which I divide it into 2, 1 half for goals and other for cards. Can write as much or little as I want then during the game.

During one of my son's games last year, after one of the most blatant handballs you will ever see, referee was on the edge of the centre circle just waved yellow towards offending player who was facing towards referee and a couple of yards outside his own penalty area (opposite half of pitch from referee). Referee must have had xray vision to have seen the number on his back from that distance and with the number facing away from him. Looked lazy, unprofessional and did nothing to help his match control either!
can you post a photo of your match sheets

The Referee Store
Back