A&H

Boa Morte Penalty

The Referee Store
Definitely an infrigement. Caution for Boa Morte and the kick is retaken as he scored.

It's an infringement and the player needs to be cautioned. The referee would likely have done so, had he not been looking at the GK at the time the player made his run-up and shot. For some reason, he decided that both he and the AR needed to do so.

Very similar to a man u v liverpool fa youth cup game a few seasons ago where a player got his 2nd yellow for doing something like this.

Definately not allowed, the laws are quite clear that while the taker can 'stutter' his run-up - he cannot do anything other than kick the ball once the run-up has been completed.

Off the top of my head though, not certain if the Laws would give a Yellow, although i suspect they would under USB, I think I would have a laugh about it and order a retake.

If he was playing for a 'Luis Figo XI' then it was probably some sort of charity/testimonial match which may be why the officials didn't do anything. Not saying that's correct, but the penalty was clearly a crowd pleaser. Certainly by law it's not allowed!

Back