The Ref Stop

Blues v Blues

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Reading Sheff Weds took a yellow strip to Millwall last night but were told to play in their home shirts?

Anyone?

IMG_7698.JPGIMG_7699.JPG

Last edited:
The Ref Stop
Did we have the yellow kit? The yellow is last seasons away kit.

Our new away kit would seriously clash with Millwalls I expect...

images.jpeg

Just reading Sun, English one,and Bruce says they took the yelow and where told it clashed?

Its not just the jersey in the o.p but, surely this yellow complete outfit is the sensible choice

Bruce told Sky that the referee insisted they played in blue and Bruce contested it saying they brought a yellow kit. Referee wasn't having it.

Please tell me the ref wanted to wear yellow and thats why?!!

Ludicrous. Here, we play in blue as do Millwall, so we brought our yellow kit
No says ref, just wear blue. Even the socks!!

Do we know what the GK's are wearing? If one of them has to wear yellow, then I'm perfectly happy saying that those two blue kits are different enough that I'd rather just avoid the risk of a GK blending into the crowd.

^^^^ why change a whole squad of outfield players though when you can easy just change 1, the gk, if that was the case^^

By making SW wear the blue, is near a clash with the socks if nothing else

Am actually ok with the 2 blue kits on display, I would play, but, given the chance to have one team in yellow, common sense says yes

^^^^ why change a whole squad of outfield players though when you can easy just change 1, the gk, if that was the case^^

By making SW wear the blue, is near a clash with the socks if nothing else

Am actually ok with the 2 blue kits on display, I would play, but, given the chance to have one team in yellow, common sense says yes
Those two outfield kits are really different though, enough that this is a real non-issue.

And let's say the GK's both brought two kits, but both brought yellow and green. Or one had yellow/green and the other had yellow/red and clashed with the ref. All I'm saying is that we don't have all the information here. And also, that it doesn't matter as those two home kits are clearly different.

As much as the socks pass as different, you dont think one team in yellow would have made it even more ok

And, according to both managers, they were both bemused and they both reported they thought it was a clash, according to their players.

Being given the gift of making something even simplier than it is, it appears foolish to refuse

But hey no flying f words given to that, lets just make them play in colours they themselves are not comfy with

Last edited:
Back