A&H

Blatter.

Graham Poll likes the idea of video help for refs, bbc sport website this a.m. since players are 'more deceitful than ever'

I cannot think of a better example of why its a bad idea. Poll will jump on any slightly controversial bandwagon to keep his "media profile" high!

The Referee Store
i completely disagree with this...my main arguement...take away the referee undermineing issues etc etc...

as a complete and utter football fan...think of some of the top conversations in times past?

i think the controversy of, 'was it a penatly, was it not?' is what keeps the Beautiful Game so Beautiful...as football fans, lets not lie, we love controversy and something to discuss!

I think until the finer details come out I'm on the fence really. But you only need to watch match of the day and you'll know sometimes seeing a replay over and over you still can't be sure.

Also if it's used for offsides how would that work. AR flags, offside. Manager challenges, and sorry old bean your attacker was in fact three yards onside. What sort of advantage would there be to that, apart from making the line-o look a bit of a mug.

I think it would be used for gamesmanship as well. 2 minutes to go blues are 1-0 up but reds are battering them. Blue would totally challenge a decision just to break up the flow of the game.

I would like to see technology used, but generally struggle to see where in football it would naturally sit without compramising the game. I think maybe if the ref could referee things to someone sat on the sideline if for example he couldn't see an incident rather than the managers having the power.

Back