A&H

Blackpool - Lincoln

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
47 seconds in and the fastest own goal scored at Wembley. Not the fastest OG today; that came after 31 seconds in my game this morning.

The equaliser will be the talking point. Ball ricochets onto a Blackpool players arm even though it’s tight against his body. Takes a couple of seconds to dig it out form under his feet and lays it off to a teammate to score.

100% correct decision, but you just know that if Lincoln lose that’s going to be the excuse and there’ll be no end of referee bashing from the management.

The Referee Store
47 seconds in and the fastest own goal scored at Wembley. Not the fastest OG today; that came after 31 seconds in my game this morning.

The equaliser will be the talking point. Ball ricochets onto a Blackpool players arm even though it’s tight against his body. Takes a couple of seconds to dig it out form under his feet and lays it off to a teammate to score.

100% correct decision, but you just know that if Lincoln lose that’s going to be the excuse and there’ll be no end of referee bashing from the management.
I think based on current Law, it was an conspicuous HB that led to an immediate goal scoring opportunity, so it ought to have been given as such.
Next year... accidental... play on

Player had time to set himself, shift the ball onto his left and then lay it off to a team mate, so I’m happy that it wasn’t immediate. Correct decision to allow the goal in my opinion

Just backed out of double yellow for consecutive offences. Player commits reckless foul. As ref is coming into book him picks the ball up and launches it away... 😏

Should Kenny Dougall have just been sent off - yellow for the foul, then second for throwing the ball away?

While a double yellow would be justifiable I’d be uncomfortable doing so in this particular scenario, as other ball throwing hadn’t been cautioned.

I haven't seen a caution for kicking or throwing the ball away on a televised match for years ....

Back