A&H

Birmingham vs Boro

The Referee Store
I can only see the highlights video which doesn't give the best angle but Ayala looks onside to me. For some reason I can only hear the audio for the clip where the pundits in the studio discuss it (no video pictures appear) but they seem pretty convinced from what they're looking at, that Ayala was onside. They also suggest that the Middlesbrough players (Ramirez and Adomah) may have blocked the AR's view of the second last Birmingham defender.

Your right about the angle. I saw it on sky sports in full and it was not the best angle. Just didn't look offside though - which doesn't mean anything as if your not in line, when it's close you're not best placed to judge.

Nice confident flag though

Very clearly onside. Terrible decision but it falls into the "I can see why he gave it category", it can't be easy looking through a crowd of players like that.

All sorts of accusations flying around on Twitter last night. Apparently the liner, Tom Nield, is from Lancashire....so he's obviously a Burnley fan! :rolleyes: Not very nice to read.

Apparently the liner, Tom Nield, is from Lancashire....so he's obviously a Burnley fan! :rolleyes: Not very nice to read.
He's actually from Yorkshire but don't let that get in the way :hmmm: :confused:

I agree (from those angles). Defender leaning away from goal, attacker leaning toward goal, with torso possibly ahead of defender's foot. I'd not lose sleep over that one.

We shouldn't be too hard on the guy. I'm sure we have all been in that assistants position - player on Far side of the penalty area, bodies moving around in line of sight....

Lucky for us though we don't end up on match of the day! ;)

Back