A&H

Betting

The Referee Store
A worldwide ban on betting on football will come into force from 1 August 2014 for all those involved in the game at Premier League, Football League, National League and Women's Super League levels, as well as those at clubs in the the Northern, Southern and Isthmian leagues and all other Participants who do not fall into the category below.

Participants covered by the ban will be prohibited from betting, either directly or indirectly, on any football match or competition that takes place anywhere in the world

Step 5 and Below

The betting rules are different for those Participants involved solely with a club at Step 5 of the National League System and below and for any Match Official, referee coach or referee assessor operating at Level 4 or below.

No Participant can bet on a match or competition in which they are involved that season, or which they can influence, or any other football-related matter concerning the league that they play in.

Participants are also prohibited from using or passing inside information for betting.

These are the only Participants who will not be subject to the worldwide ban.

I did get tempted to back a red card in my last game but after spending hours online I couldn’t find a single bookie covering my match.

Afc red lion v park street old boys :cool:

If you are involved in any games at contrib or above, whether as a referee or observer, you are banned from betting on any football activities worldwide.

There was doubt about level 4s initially as they referee at step 5 and below, but because they assistant at steps 3 and 4, competitions that are subject to the ban, they are also subject to the worldwide ban.

Back