A&H

Belgium v England

The Referee Store
Interesting one originally I thought 100% a foul but the replays look like rice was kicked, the main reason I think it may have been given was the height rices studs were up at. I’m sure there’ll be lots of different opinions about that one.

You could argue they're both similar height playing the ball.
Rice does, only just, take it away from KDB, with him then kicking Rice.

1st angle is more similar to that of the refs POV looks a foul but second angle shows Rice kicked so I can see why he’s given it from his POV, personally I don’t think anything should’ve been given and am playing devils advocate to why it’s been given as a possibility of why it was given

Ref must've thought Rice missed the ball, it was a foul on Rice.
From the 1st angle of that video it looks like he misses the ball but was actually a pretty good tackle and unfortunately it ended up in the back of the net else I’m not sure it would even have been discussed

European football you almost always get penalised for tackling with your foot that high regardless of what contact is made with the ball.

European football you almost always get penalised for tackling with your foot that high regardless of what contact is made with the ball.
Then it should've been an idfk, there was only contact because De Bruyne was careless.

De Bruyne missed the ball and then kicked Rice. England had a penalty given against them playing Denmark for Kyle Walker doing exactly the same thing...

Contact always means DFK. But contact is not required for it to be a DFK offense; all that is required is that the tackle or challenge be careless.
Their was a second between a possible case of PIADM and De Bruyne carelessly initiating contact by kicking him.
The PIADM offence didn't involve contact, De Bruyne's did.

In real time I thought the same as the ref. I thought Rice went in carelessly and caught KDB. However on seeing the highlights, yeh it was the wrong call. Should’ve been a free kick to England

Back