A&H

Ball boy stitched me up

The Referee Store
The ball boy didn't stitch you up. I presume this is isn't your first line and you've done this before?

It's the previous referee's you've been with that have stitched you up by not telling you. It's all about experience and you've now learned not to do it again.

I saw a Championship referee kick the ball towards player for a throw in last Friday!

Ball was very close to him & had stopped, and no players complained and I doubt only fellow referees in the crowd would have even noticed - don't really see a problem with that type of action.

Agree has an AR you shouldn't stop the ball or anything that can be seen as "helping" the team about to take throw/free kick but in certain circumstances, like I saw on Friday, its really not a big deal is it?

I was always told not to kick it on my basic course, if you miss kick it then you’re giving the rest of the referees a bad name and then the future referees that will be officiating in their next game will think I bet this guy can't kick a ball as well also thinking that all referees are jobs worth.

Don’t do it ever.

Doesn’t matter if you have the best kick in the world.

Like it has been said before just roll it to the closest player. If they ask why did you not kick it just say I am here to referee not kick the ball.

Back