A&H

Back to Playing

Great to hear that you're going to put yourself forward for promotion in any case .. fantastic learning experience!

I qualified aged 44, got my L6 at 46, my L5 at 47 and am hoping for my L4 at 48 ... so perfectly possible to progress to a different standard of football if you'd like to do so :)

yes, i felt it important to put myself in the system, as it were. My local RA have been fantastic , ive had opportunity to line on some 'decent' games (relative to what i'd usually do on a saturday or sunday) and had offers for people to come and take a look at what i'm doing (ex observers) on an informal basis to give pointers etc, and that has been really valuable to me. By going for promotion i'll get some criticism which i will take constructively and push on from hopefully...
So, when i say no serious aspirations, by the same token i'd also be interested to see where it takes me and i'll make every effort to work hard at it.
If that means giving up playing to satisfy certain criteria then i'd be happy to do it. As much as i enjoy playing still, ive had my best days waaay in the past, but @Jacob Walukiewicz has those days in front of him should he wish, so its a slightly different choice for him .
Games like i had saturday though make me want to give up playing anyways... why do 45 year old men want to go out and hurt each other?? baffles me that one... two footed tackles and elbows...

The Referee Store
Back