A&H

Aware you aware ref.....

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Had text from home manager confirming Tuesday nights game..... i duly acknowledged.... then he text me again and said " Are you aware of 5 named rolling subs? " i replied yes since last season. He then said last Saturday's ref was unaware of rolling subs, and the ref on the next pitch came over to query same fact.
I was told by my FA last season that rolling subs were permissable ...... ???? I think the Twilight Zone has arrived up here in t' north.

The Referee Store
It has nothing to do with the FA or the CFA, rather individual leagues have to decide whether to adopt repeated subs or not. Some leagues have adopted it, others haven't, so referees need to know their competition rules inside out to avoid any mishaps.

It has nothing to do with the FA or the CFA, rather individual leagues have to decide whether to adopt repeated subs or not. Some leagues have adopted it, others haven't, so referees need to know their competition rules inside out to avoid any mishaps.
True, i ref in the same league as they do, and a blanket email to all refs was sent informing of the fact they should have known...... never mind......

rolling subs are a pain in the proverbial. if referees use the proper procedure. and if they dont they only have themselves to blame if they end up in the smelly stuff

Back