A&H

Aston Villa v West Ham

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Referee gives handball against Konsa, rightly, and superbly says it's outside, and VAR confirms it (having to even zoom in to determine)...

So why was the free kick taken about 3-4 yards out of the area?

And why wasn't Konsa given a yellow?

The Referee Store
Yeah, David Coote could have found himself in all kinds of problems if the free kick flies into the top corner. He must have known VAR were checking possibly penalty.

Why would it be a caution though? Unless you deemed it SPA, which would be a bit of a stretch.

Was the ball going goal bound? That's my thinking for one.
I know it's going through a crowd but keeper unsighted and possible deflection rather than a very good save from Konsa it could've been different.

Was the ball going goal bound? That's my thinking for one.
I know it's going through a crowd but keeper unsighted and possible deflection rather than a very good save from Konsa it could've been different.
There's a penalty area full of players, it could have gone anywhere. The handling was so soon after the shot I don't think anyone has a clue as to whether it was on target. Nowhere near enough for SPA for me.

I was hoping it would go in...brainless refereeing

Yeah an amazing oversight by Coote and the nearest assistant. I suppose in some circumstances, taking a free kick further out is an disadvantage but not this time, I wouldn't be surprised if Ward Prowse has done this deliberately and the referee has fell for it.

Would of been interesting if he did score from it, luckily for Coote, he didn't.

Back