A&H

Assessment

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Hi Guys,

I've had an assessment and want to know the mark you think I got from the assessment, it's using the UEFA/FIFA grading (10-0). Standard expected where all assessments start is 8.4
Ass1.jpg Ass2.jpg Ass3.jpg Ass4.jpg

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Love the comments about getting on touch line and goal lines for throw ins.

1980's assessing alive in Wales. That's where all the old assessors have gone .....

Last edited:
They're Nike HyperWarms, they have green on them.

What mark do you think the assessment got?
Small point, if players cannot wear different colours, shouldn't you be wear completely black under shorts?

I always was under the impression it was the predominant colour of the underlayer, in this instance the predominant colour is black

I always was under the impression it was the predominant colour of the underlayer, in this instance the predominant colour is black
While that is the law, you having colour would make it harder for you to get players to change.

Also, as you move up the ladder, referees may object to you wearing colours as it could weaken their match control.

Okay, I'm looking to get some new ones anyway that are black.
What mark would give the assessment it's self?

What mark would give the assessment it's self?
No idea of your marking structure, it is totally different to assessments in England.
Very little detail in your assessment, mainly statements.

They're Nike HyperWarms, they have green on them.

What mark do you think the assessment got?
School boy error mate. :p

I also have no idea as this is the first time I have seen this type of assessment. However, as you seem quite chirpy 8.6?

That assessment got 7.3, i think this is around somewhere like 65 in an English assessment. I've asked a few people and around the 8.2 or I think 72/73 English is the figure I keep getting

Just a small question.....

Tackles which "endanger the safety of an opponent ".....shouldn't these be sanctioned as SFP?

Man alive. Okay, so the comments about not picking up persistent offenders and varying position at throws in/goal kicks were the prominent discussion on his post match feedback?

What was the post match discussion like?

If the intention is to reflect that tackles that 'endangered the safety of an opponent' were not appropriately sanctioned, then that would explain the lower than expected mark. Failure to apply Law correctly. However, the wording of the assessment is poor in terms of getting that message across.

The advice on positioning is poor. You never, EVER want to be on the goal-line for throw-ins. You would be quite right to remain opposite the taker of the throw-in in that situation... you don't want to be invading the space where the players are going to play. It's easy to adjust position with the ball in flight if required.

Debrief was really good, all very positive with the advise, didn't expect a 7.3, more 8.3 I thought

With the comments about a positive de-brief, the mark and the comments in the report, I would suspect that in England the assessor would be in for "re-training" (or further assistance with report writing - as the FA describe it).

I agree with @Padfoot "endanger the safety of an opponent" is a dismissal. Any assessor saying that what your report says, about awarding correct free-kicks and not saying that you missed a dismissal is seriously wrong. I assume @Brian Hamilton would also be holding his head in his hands at such a comment.

With the comments about a positive de-brief, the mark and the comments in the report, I would suspect that in England the assessor would be in for "re-training" (or further assistance with report writing - as the FA describe it).

I agree with @Padfoot "endanger the safety of an opponent" is a dismissal. Any assessor saying that what your report says, about awarding correct free-kicks and not saying that you missed a dismissal is seriously wrong. I assume @Brian Hamilton would also be holding his head in his hands at such a comment.
If you are going to quote parts of law, then you use them to support your comments/marks, not wreck your own report's credibility!

I haven't read the report as the images are too small for my eyes (10th assessment of the season tomorrow).

Reading the report I was guessing 8.0 / 8.1 . So the mark does seem extremely harsh.

However treating it purely as 'developmental feedback' (which I know is difficult when you're confused / pissed off with the mark), a) there's loads of great positives you should feel really proud of and keep demonstrating and b) there's a couple of clear development areas which would typically be picked up at 7-6 assessments, let alone 5-4 .

Chin up mate

The say the tackles endangering safety but I've said that it would be better saying "Did the referee correctly identify tackles which were reckless or endangered an opponents safety?"

Back