A&H

Assessment Feedback

IrkRef

lkref
Hi All, Received this 7-6 assessment recently, and just wanted to grasp some external thoughts on it. Personally, I was slightly disappointed (despite it not being a damaging mark) so would appreciate any second opinions! There are a few bits which I found 'interesting' but will wait for comments!

Attachments

• AssessmentBlank.docx
    26 KB · Views: 100
The Referee Store
Compared to many I have seen, this seems a coherent, detailed and balanced assessment. To get Standard Expected in a Challenging game should stand you in very good stead. As you suspected, must have been close to an Above Standard overall but c'est la vie. Much to feel proud about and a couple of straightforward development areas to consider ... keep up this level and you should be well on track for your 6 :)

From what I understand of the assessment system, getting a combination of standard expected/above standard in a challenging match is as good or better than getting above standard across the board on a regulation match. I have to admit to being a little surprised that a match with a single, generally accepted dismissal and no cautions counts at challenging, but that's a side note! It's also well written and very clear on what is good/bad - perhaps your post match briefing glossed over the bad slightly, as I can't really think of any reason to be particularly disappointed with this report as written?

If i'm honest, I don't see a lot of evidence in there to support a "challenging" game.......especially seeing as the justification is the "attitiude" of the home team, yet there are no cautions for either side and only a dismissal which the observer didn't see.

Obviously without being there it's very difficult to tell, but for me, it reads as a fairly normal fiesty sunday game where you have one gobby team that wants to get every decision.

From what I understand of the assessment system, getting a combination of standard expected/above standard in a challenging match is as good or better than getting above standard across the board on a regulation match. I have to admit to being a little surprised that a match with a single, generally accepted dismissal and no cautions counts at challenging, but that's a side note! It's also well written and very clear on what is good/bad - perhaps your post match briefing glossed over the bad slightly, as I can't really think of any reason to be particularly disappointed with this report as written?

No, at the moment the boxes for what kind of game it is are largely meaningless. At senior level assessments - i.e. those that mark on the out of 10 rather than 100 scale - the type of game has an effect on the mark, but not on the English 7-6 and 6-5 system.

Back