A&H

As seen on the telly:-

RefJack

obviously all season in the football league referee's are wearing great big Expedia logos on the arms of the shirts. As a Sat/Sunday league referee are we allowed to have to same logos on our shirts to make us look a bit more important? Because as the kit is changing to Nike there is a lot of shirts for sale on Ebay with Expedia logos on. Thanks :)

The Referee Store
The prob with looking important you might be setting yourself up for a big fall. Someone may think your a bit pretentious and if you have a bad game the players fans and managers will just find anything to have a go at you and if you have Expedia on your arm they will say things like "YOU THINK YOUR A PREM LEAGUE REF WHEN YOUR CLEARLY NOT"

Also those refs get there kit as it is supplied to them on a sponsorship deal. It could cause problems with sponsorship issues. I know refs are not allowed to be sponsored so this could be seen that way

I go along with what Dave says, why give palyers any kind of ammo they could use against yo?

Also, in terms of sponsorship, we have a slightly different set-up here in NZ. Every referee, from ASB Premiership down to local senior level is sponsored by the same company - ASB. So, our black, and yellow shirts all have the ASB logo on the sleeve.

However, over summer I play in a social 5-a-side league, and when we were a ref short, I threw on the yellow jersey and reffed a game. Boy, did I get a talking to for that!

Quite simply, the shirts with the NZF and ASB logo are only to be worn in NZF competition. I have a different set of shirts for the social/junior games.Same colours, but without the sponsor logo.

It is quite possible for anybody to buy the shirts, over the counter, with the NZF badge on, but impossible to get them with the sponsor logo unless you are given it by your Federation.

I don't think that this will make you look more important at all, just more pretentious.

No, you're not allowed. Expedia shirts (or the particular sponsor of any season) are only to be worn in PGMO matches.

Back