A&H

Arsenal v Villa

spuddy1878

RefChat Addict
The talking point from the first half the Villa goal that was chalked off.

I personally think its the correct call.

The TV saying the goalkeeper wouldn't have saved it but that matters not.

The Referee Store
Love pundits. Last week xhaka was 'offside' and pundits went on and on about the correct decision.
This week, it was the 'wrong decision'.
Neither would have been saved, but that's the rules.

What worried me is that It took over 4 minutes to come to that conclusion. Was there any need for the ref to actually look at the monitor? Barkley was standing bang in front of the keeper.

Love pundits. Last week xhaka was 'offside' and pundits went on and on about the correct decision.
This week, it was the 'wrong decision'.
Neither would have been saved, but that's the rules.

What worried me is that It took over 4 minutes to come to that conclusion. Was there any need for the ref to actually look at the monitor? Barkley was standing bang in front of the keeper.
The ref going to the monitor was pointless. Either he blocked the line of sight for the keeper or he didn’t, you don’t need the on field referee to go and make that decision

The irony of this one was that without VAR, even if the match officials were sure Barkley was offside and directly in the line of sight of Leno, there is no way it would be given as there was no reaction from Leno. Most referees cover this in the pre-match instructions, in that they say if there is a question mark about the keeper being unsighted by an offside player the trigger point is "is there an appeal".

Back