A&H

Arsenal v United

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Sokratis just going off injured. After he initially went off for treatment and came back on temporarily he signalled to the bench to be substituted. Anyone notice the ref signalling to him to ‘go down’? Very risky signal to do if United were to then decide not to kick it out.

The Referee Store
Very dodgy YC for Young
Pawson showed no intent to show a caution and then suddenly did, either because of Gunners protestations, or due to 'something' in his ear. No ARs or 4th nearby

Don't think Ozil was offside there either (deflection or deliberate play/block reset)
And the retake for offside was from the wrong place

Can VAR consider a second yellow? Or is it just straight reds?
Lingard mouthing off to the supporters would have got my goat as a ref

And why did the AR let Rashford tot 30 yards towards the ball before raising the flag for offside, when Rashers was the only plausible recipient?
Basics :mad:

Young knew exactly what he was doing, the hand came out intentionally and in doing so prevented a promising attack. Clear caution and I don't really care how Pawson got to the right decision.

VAR can't get involved in cautions, if they could I suspect Lingard would have been off for his part in the mass conf.

Young knew exactly what he was doing, the hand came out intentionally and in doing so prevented a promising attack. Clear caution and I don't really care how Pawson got to the right decision.

VAR can't get involved in cautions, if they could I suspect Lingard would have been off for his part in the mass conf.
Not disputing the SPA, but i do care how it was arrived at if it came from the man in the van. Pawson looked unsure about giving HB, let alone SPA. Maybe Mr P showed the card based on being surrounded by protesters, but the incident didn't look right

Not disputing the SPA, but i do care how it was arrived at if it came from the man in the van. Pawson looked unsure about giving HB, let alone SPA. Maybe Mr P showed the card based on being surrounded by protesters, but the incident didn't look right

It didn't come from VAR I suspect, there wasn't enough time. I suspect it came from the AR on that touchline who would have had the perfect view. Young tried to run away and hide which would have set alarm bells ringing.

The one that gets me is two players going head to head or nose to nose, earlier in the season Richarlison and i think Rashford at Burnley were both sent off (i think) but last night a coming together sees only two yellow cards.

The one that gets me is two players going head to head or nose to nose, earlier in the season Richarlison and i think Rashford at Burnley were both sent off (i think) but last night a coming together sees only two yellow cards.
I think YC is the correct sanction, but there is inconsistency like you say

Thought AR did well with first 2, esp the 2nd Utd goals.
Yes he should be getting them right but that second one would have been tough real time

Don't think Ozil was offside there either (deflection or deliberate play/block reset)
And the retake for offside was from the wrong place
I remember this and thought it was a deflection/save. Shaw didnt play the ball, he blocked the shot or pass whichever it was. Thats my memory of it.

Back