The Ref Stop

Arsenal v Forest

idb1

Level 7 Referee
Watched a league 2 game and a championship game last weekend. Saw the new guidance in action. Players responded well . Then watched Burnley last night and Craig pawson failed to take any action when Roberts abused the linesman. After 5 minutes today Oliver fails to take any action against the two forest coaches in the technical area, one if which kicks a ball on to the pitch to prevent an Arsenal throw in. This new guidance will disappear in 2 weeks unless it is enforced at the top level.

The Ref Stop
Not every complaint about a decision is dissent, if it was there would be no players left. There have been two cautions for dissent in the first half of the Newcastle vs Villa game, one after just 6 minutes, and I don't think I've ever seen a dissent caution that early in a Premier League game. There's also been another for delaying the restart of play, so referees certainly aren't failing to enforce it.

Not every complaint about a decision is dissent, if it was there would be no players left. There have been two cautions for dissent in the first half of the Newcastle vs Villa game, one after just 6 minutes, and I don't think I've ever seen a dissent caution that early in a Premier League game. There's also been another for delaying the restart of play, so referees certainly aren't failing to enforce it.
But he is right on the 2 standing in the Forest game. Saw it a few times and no action taken.

I think the no more than 1 person in the technical area is an unnecessary rule, nothing wrong with having an manager and his number 2 on the touchline, anymore than that then yes of course then that is more understandable.

But yes, all this talk you create these rules and then the number 1 referee does not apply the rules means this rule wont be enforced strictly after the first few rounds.

Hopefully the time wasting and dissent rules do keep on being enforced by the referees but I'll be surprised if we ever see a referee produce a second yellow card for time wasting, not in the A games anyways.

I think the no more than 1 person in the technical area is an unnecessary rule, nothing wrong with having an manager and his number 2 on the touchline, anymore than that then yes of course then that is more understandable.

But yes, all this talk you create these rules and then the number 1 referee does not apply the rules means this rule wont be enforced strictly after the first few rounds.

Hopefully the time wasting and dissent rules do keep on being enforced by the referees but I'll be surprised if we ever see a referee produce a second yellow card for time wasting, not in the A games anyways.
Was good to see a Rotherham player sent off for showing an imaginary card.
On a yellow (given about 60 seconds earlier) for going (in)to the crowd, he is fouled and then shows him an imaginary card.

Back