A&H

Appointed to a CCF!

JBeil

I've just had the letter through the door appointing me to a county cup final! Absolutely over the moon, especially since this is only my first season, so I must be doing something right!

That said, how do you prepare for such a big game? Obviously I'll try to keep doing my best improving with each game between now and then, but what sort of preparation should I make in particular? How do you deal with the nerves attached to such a huge fixture, and what happens at the training evening we have before then?

A&H International
I've just had the letter through the door appointing me to a county cup final! Absolutely over the moon, especially since this is only my first season, so I must be doing something right!

That said, how do you prepare for such a big game? Obviously I'll try to keep doing my best improving with each game between now and then, but what sort of preparation should I make in particular? How do you deal with the nerves attached to such a huge fixture, and what happens at the training evening we have before then?

Referee the game, not the occasion, doing the same things and applying yourself in the way you have done to get the apt.

For the most extreme example, reference Howard Webb on the WC final
He abandoned everything that had served him so well on the route to getting the final and instead proceeded to turn in a disgusting affront of a display the badge, and reduced the worlds showpiece occasion to pub league game

Should have handed back his medal with an apology for his performance.

For the most extreme example, reference Howard Webb on the WC final
He abandoned everything that had served him so well on the route to getting the final and instead proceeded to turn in a disgusting affront of a display the badge, and reduced the worlds showpiece occasion to pub league game

Should have handed back his medal with an apology for his performance.
Not like you to sit on the fence on this one Miley!! :cool:

Have you been assigned assistants? If so, you might want to prepare a pre-match instruction sheet and get to know a team warm up routine.

Nerves are nothing to be worried about. Treat it like any other match, don't go looking for something to give or do because it's the final, just play it naturally.

Edit: Oh, and congratulations!

Age group?

Congratulations @JBeil

Do you know what match and what role you have been appointed to?

If it is like North Riding CFA, they send out standard letter advising that you have been appointed and the date of the training evening. You don't know what match or role you have got until that evening. They will be appointed across a number of age groups from Open Age, womens and juniors (both boys and girls) and for the referee, assistants and 4th officials.

Being a first year referee, you will probably be appointed to one of the junior finals in either an assistants role or as 4th official. You will also meet your match team at the training evening, as it is possible you have never met them before. The training evening is simply what is expected on the day - pre match & post match protocols, advising you of the venue, dates and kick off times, required time of attendance (normally at least one hour before kick-off) and the chance to ask question.

Back