A&H

Application for tracking assessment seasons

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
Hi all,

As the end of the season looms ever closer I have been looking for a project to keep me occupied.

As I'm going for my 7-6 (and I'm a geek) I've decided to write a desktop application that I can use to keep track of all my game, assessments, development points and strengths etc.

I'm still designing the database at the moment, it will be a Windows application built using ASP .Net 4.5/5 with SQLitems if you're interested.

And I was wondering during what features would people going for promotion like to see in an application like this if they were to use one?

At the moment my plans for features are:
1. Basic recording of team details I.e. league/competition etc.
2. Venue details
3. Stats for cautions/dismissals
4. To store the assessments you have been sent.
5. To keep track of any development points and strengths
6. To keep track of your assessment grades
7. To be able to export all qualifying fixtures with the correct details into an excel spreadsheet so that they can be subitted to your CFA
8. Along with the above validation so when exporting fixtures you can only export the maximum amount of u18 fixtures that can be used for promotion.
9. Store details of your leagues I.e. ref sec contact details etc.

Is there anything else people think would be useful?

The Referee Store
Fun is subjective in this case, I'm an Uber geek when it comes to this sort of stuff, but others would be bored to tears.

But it'll keep me off the streets and out of trouble. Also, would like good on my CV/in my portfolio

Something about assistants (contact details, when you contacted them, how, reply received)etc

Standalone windows app, or something you could do SaaS?

In any event, integration to full time / the whole game, so that the one app could list your future and past fixtures. Perhaps for future fixtures allow it to update (iCal or similar) your calendar - so your fixtures appear on your phone, for instance.

At the moment it's going to be stand alone.

A web based application, with an integrated mobile app is something that is in the back of my mind, but I want to get a working stand alone application working first.

Calendar integration is something else that I am looking at, along with Google maps so that can tie in with the venue information.

Full Time and Whole Game integration could be possible, though I'd need to look at the various APIs, and then get various security bits sorted and agreed with the FA etc to make sure everything in secure and ISO compliant.

Back