A&H

Any advice on the best league to sign up for

a_lightning

Level 7 Referee
I’m moving to Leeds (west riding Fa) and was wondering if anyone who refs up there knows which league is the best to join to be as close to the Leeds area as possible. And which league I can get quite a lot of games on (leagues that are struggling for refs)

A&H International
Saturday football: West Yorkshire Association Football League (refereeing + lining) or Yorkshire Amateur League (refereeing only)
Sunday football: Leeds Combination Association Football League
Youth football: Garforth Junior Football League
Women's football: West Riding County Women's Football League (same ref secretary for the Girls' league)

You should be able to get plenty of games from any of these competitions.

Saturday football: West Yorkshire Association Football League (refereeing + lining) or Yorkshire Amateur League (refereeing only)
Sunday football: Leeds Combination Association Football League
Youth football: Garforth Junior Football League
Women's football: West Riding County Women's Football League (same ref secretary for the Girls' league)

You should be able to get plenty of games from any of these competitions.
Thanks a lot this is very helpful

Going to lean on this post instead of starting a new one

Looking to relocate to either Bristol / Newport, any idea of leagues round there?
Bristol & District, and Bristol Premier Combination - I support the referee appointment secretary and we'd be more than happy to get a new referee on board

Looking to relocate to either Bristol / Newport, any idea of leagues round there?
Newport is South Wales FA, however I know teams/players from Monmouthshire play over in the Gloucestershire League.

There will be Tier 4/5 Leagues in Gwent/Newport that you can register for (can find the names if you wish).

Tier 3 and above is Ardal/Cymru Leagues so have to be promoted up through FAW.

Remember, if you are going to referee in Wales, you will need international clearance from the FA. Wales is a separate country for football purposes.

Back