A&H

Another day at the Zoo!

the advice to join your local RA is good and they will support you. Your county FA should get you a mentor but it is difficult as most mentors are reffing and observers are busy observing promotion canditates. Working o in a team of three will be a great learning experience and maybe try and watch some other refs who do that league. I do 75% youth to 25% OA and in my three seasons I have done a lot of games. I had my first abandonment this year, average a yellow a game, my red card count is low due to what I ref but I still caution at youth and have sent off players. I understand you are limited by lack of transport but these leagues sound like the wild west. Try and get some support as I feel your bad luck as you keep getting nightmare games might put you in harm. Please speak to your RDO or your RA society, there will be refs out there who will come along and support you. You pay your dues to the County FA so there should be no excuse for them not to support a young ref.
Thanks mate really appreciate and yeah I've toyed with the idea of joining my local ra I think I will now my games are getting tougher

The Referee Store
Thanks mate really appreciate and yeah I've toyed with the idea of joining my local ra I think I will now my games are getting tougher

The RA is a great place to get advice and learn from more mature referees. I am going for promotion this year having their advice and support has helped and it has been noted throughout my observations that advice was being taken onboard.

Im sure your experience is a mixture of players being idiots and your inexperience in dealing with certain situations to remain in control. Players you cant fix, only advise or deal with. All you can do is be critical of yourself with the aim of getting better. Some games i come away saying great job to myself. Other matchesnI have come away and held a mini inquest into my performance after the match. I know I done my best, but some situations could of been handled a lot better. I now know how to improve them after seeking advice and will try to implement that going forward.

RA is good advice, don’t just sign up to your nearest go to a meeting and see what the atmosphere is like. Some are a waste of time

By its membership numbers I’d assume Sunderland RA is going a great deal right.

Other thing to do is to go and watch other referees.

RA is good advice, don’t just sign up to your nearest go to a meeting and see what the atmosphere is like. Some are a waste of time

By its membership numbers I’d assume Sunderland RA is going a great deal right.

Other thing to do is to go and watch other referees.
How would you know the membership numbers?

On a more serious note, that level is great for new referees, mostly because the kids (and generally the coaches) are playing for the right reasons, a lot of the time its not competitive, its actually classed as fun, as we all know, when we introduce points and cups, the emotions run higher
These games give you the basics of refereeing, they give you a chance to feel comfortable with the whistle, being out in front of a crowd, and afterall, your signals/whistles are going to be the same no matter what level you are doing
You can even practise offside, by going mentally ("if that was a 11 a side game that would be offside), ( I have seen me close to blowing for it when doing these kinds of games tbh, natural reaction!!)

Don't you guys get an automatic invite to your local RA (or ref's society) once you pass your exams in England?

Nope. Not a dickie bird

Membership is free for those newly qualified. There’s supposed to be a video on all referee courses highlighting this.
Some counties will sign the refs up automatically, others don’t like the RA.

Sunderpand RA regularly announce when their membership grows.

Membership is free for those newly qualified. There’s supposed to be a video on all referee courses highlighting this.
Some counties will sign the refs up automatically, others don’t like the RA.

Sunderpand RA regularly announce when their membership grows.
Sunderland is far too far for me to get to I'll have to look into closer ones

Hi Joe, having read through this thread I agree that this can’t keep happening and that something must be wrong for this to be a weekly occurrence. I believe your with Northumberland FA like myself, is there anything you need help with? Or any support me or any of our colleagues in Northumberland can offer you?

Because of the data protection laws the FA aren't allowed to pass your details onto the RA anymore. Thats what my RA said at the AGM I attended. This is quite a new development.

Hi Joe, having read through this thread I agree that this can’t keep happening and that something must be wrong for this to be a weekly occurrence. I believe your with Northumberland FA like myself, is there anything you need help with? Or any support me or any of our colleagues in Northumberland can offer you?
Ohh cool your with NFA as well. Have you noticed a lot of Ill behaviour from teams this season? Because I've found it much worse than last season

I'm not sure what leagues your officiating on but the ones I'm on aren't any worse than previous seasons. It may help if you start working as an assistant so you can learn from the rest of the team your working with

I'm not sure what leagues your officiating on but the ones I'm on aren't any worse than previous seasons. It may help if you start working as an assistant so you can learn from the rest of the team your working with
I'll pm you mate as don't think I can name leagues on here

Back