A&H

And that's the end...................

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Last tournament of the season, all done and dusted refereed 24 games as Referee and AR inclusive both days,and not one whinge not one complaint these girls can sure show the boys a thing or two...

The Referee Store
I had some middles at a 14/15 yo girls' tournament last week. Same. Great attitude.
I still made two cry though :(
There was one blatant kick out that got a yellow card. Tears from shame I think.
Then probably the competition's best player did a ridiculous hand ball on the edge of her own box. Easy DFK. Tears of disbelief and embarrassment.
So much pride, so much effort. I was well impressed.

Last game i had was in the middle with two linesman (9v9)semi-final for main cup two good teams, yellow vs blue ....yellow team goalkeeper, had very good game nothing getting past her, penalties looming at full time with score at 0-0.... 1 minute left on my watch. Blue team has corner, ball goes into box keeper punches it out falls to the feet to the smallest player on the pitch who calmly blasts the ball into the bottom corner of the goal 1-0 the whole of the blue team go mental(manager/parents going ballistic) line up for the centre kick off after the goal blow the whistle then i look at my watch and blow for full time. All the blue players start crying with joy and shouting celebrating, the yellow players crying falling to the floor (won all their matches bar one draw) Very emotional these women but was a very good game.... And yes the blue team went on to win the main cup 1-0

All of the girls youth football that I have ever refereed in tournaments has ben outstanding with great attitudes. Open age women though can be interesting!

Back