A&H

Am I losing my feline mind?

The Referee Store
I'm unsure, only one angle but it looks like it's a jump to block rather than tackle? HD looks some distance from the ball/man

The media are making out he will be a massive loss to Chelsea, I am not so sure. Capable of sheer brilliance, but more prone to utter madness and often both in the same game. That is a shocking challenge, very lucky it didn't get upgraded or cause serious injury to his opponent!

I'm unsure, only one angle but it looks like it's a jump to block rather than tackle? HD looks some distance from the ball/man

I think that is the reason why a yellow was only produced although I would say he's fortunate it was not red.

Ironically it's almost identical to Henry's tackle against Everton many years ago and again only a yellow was shown.

Fan moment - I really don't rate him - liability - and makes horrendous gaffes. The one that alerted me was when Maupay nutmegged him in his own box earlier in the season. This kind of red mist thing is frequent. And his distribution is average. Yes, he's strong, closes down well and blocks very well. But the idea that he is world-class - or remotely fit to lace Virgil's size 14s - I just don't buy it.

This and Thiago easy reds at grassroots. But the televised game in the EPL and UEFA comps (don't know about other leagues) is being refereed differently now - and the emphasis is on NOT carding and keeping 11 players on the field - particularly for big teams, particularly in big games. I think it is nuts.

I wonder if it will be one of those crazy world cups littered with opening round red cards by "not that sort of" players not remotely expecting sanctions...?

Back