A&H

Albania v England

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Anyone any ideas what a free kick was given for, to Albania, following our one on edge of the box.
Commentators suggested push. Refs animations gave nothing except "maybe" a push. But it seemed from replays no player at all was pushed. The England kicker kicked the ball at an England player. So maybe it was because of being too close to the wall, and if so, why didn't the ref sort it out before the kick?

The Referee Store
Anyone any ideas what a free kick was given for, to Albania, following our one on edge of the box.
Commentators suggested push. Refs animations gave nothing except "maybe" a push. But it seemed from replays no player at all was pushed. The England kicker kicked the ball at an England player. So maybe it was because of being too close to the wall, and if so, why didn't the ref sort it out before the kick?
I wondered this too.

Seemed like it was an idfk, so my first thought was offside, but I couldn't see an offside, though I wasn't paying much attention.

Hopefully we'll get some sort of idea at HT.

A push 🙄

I’d like to replace the M in Matterface with Tw- but I’d have to ban myself.

Anywho, was an indirect free kick, so was for not being 1m away from the wall.

A push 🙄

I’d like to replace the M in Matterface with Tw- but I’d have to ban myself.

Anywho, was an indirect free kick, so was for not being 1m away from the wall.
Which I forgot to add, it being indirect.. so offside?
But it looked like the England player who it hit was in front of the wall.

One of the England players moved towards the wall and pushed an Albanian player, hence the referee making the push symbol and it being indirect. Being closer than 1 metre away obviously comes before the push.

No England played moved towards the wall, Maguire dropped down and got hit by the ball the others run away from the wall if anything. Sterling was within 1 metre of an Albanian player but nowhere near the wall.

Back