A&H

Age at promotion?

The Referee Store
Thanks @UKC now explain the system? Given Championship over here would be equal to Panel -i.e. what is County/Senior County etc

You will still be refereeing amateur football (more or less). Hope this gives some idea (referring to the pdf i attach)

Attachments

• nls-diagram-season-2015-16.pdf
    86.3 KB · Views: 25
You will still be refereeing amateur football (more or less). Hope this gives some idea (referring to the pdf i attach)

Hence at the beginning of the season there were talks of changing the structure: lumping all categories 5 and under into 1 with the respective counties responsible for the sub categories within that broader category. Currently if I'm not mistaken, it is your local County FA responsible for promotion/demotion of referees up to L5, going to L4 you are nominated by CFA with the FA making a final call after considering all attributes.

Corrections anyone?

Different set up over here, basically our premiership are still semi professionals, don't think we have any full time professionals at all! Would be interested in seeing the different standards at the various levels.

Well I'm feeling old...48, reffing for 4 years and waiting on letter to say I've got level 5...

Have applied for level 4 next season, see how that goes

Took up the whistle 7 years ago following a long playing career in and around the levels I am about to officiate. Messed about for first 3 years thinking I was still a player who referees. Last 3 seasons have been fantastic with year on year promotions since the penny dropped. I am a referee who once played. Huge light bulb moment for me.
Similar here. Started at 38. Now 43. About to start 5th season. But have now moved past the leagues I was playing in. I was a commentator, shouter and saw everything on the pitch when playing - I played one great pass every three games! Turns out I should have started refereeing 10 years earlier. It fits. On one hand I am now a dad and feel more emotionally mature and able to handle that side of it better - but I think if I had started reffing earlier (in my late 20s or 30s) I would have grown up faster!!!

Refreshing to realise God (Mr Clattenburg) is only two years younger than I.

Unfortunately I have hit a major wall. Really hard to get promoted, especially against the under 25s who get all the training. Really successful recruitment drive over the last few years so more competition than ever. Just have to keep trying to improve.
(EDIT: ooh just got given a paper promotion in the futsal - 2 games scheduled a level up as hinted in my last assessment - there is hope;))

I started 2 years ago (33) and fingers crossed I'll pick up my level 4 this summer! I want to go as high as possible but my gut feeling is with family and work commitments AND my age the next couple of steps will be a test! putting all that aside I do believe with the correct coaching mentoring, attitude, admin as well as skill level (oh and no facial hair) then Football league line is achievable but if not as long as you enjoy the journey then good for you!

Can anyone summarise the leagues each level can do?
Such as what leagues can a level 7 do compared to a level 5? What leagues can a level 4 do, and a level 3.

I know about level 2a and 2b just interested in what the highest league the other levels can do.

Seems Jonathan Moss didn't start taking refereeing seriously until 1999 as well, when he was also 29.

There is hope yet!
As I happen to know Jon (it's ok, I'll pick that up later), I can tell you he still doesn't take refereeing seriously. He finds the fun in lots of situations. Ex-headmaster of a junior school. He was good at that too.

Met the guy last year when he came down to Aldershot to do our (Army FA) seminar and do a bit of teaching etc. Liked him immediately (even though he's a bloody mackem :D ). Has a humorous outlook on life (although and I have to say it - a rather effeminate manner of speaking :p ). :)

Back