A&H

ACCUSED OF RACISM ON THE FIELD OF PLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
This is an awkward mess for anyone to sort out but one that I hope that provides clear lessons to be learned. Whilst I would like to say that you have nothing to worry about and the local county FA will clear your name we cannot be so sure. It will all depend on how serious your accuser takes his case and who he gets involved for example kick it out.

The only advice I can give is be consistent in your account of what happened and also seek assistance from the referee's association.

I have watched a Sunday League match before (few years ago mind you) and the referee was calling some of the home players by their first names, and their opponents couldn't believe what they heard and were accusing the ref of being bias i dont think the laughing and joking with the players helped..... the home team won 2-1............So now no matter how many times i referee a match with the same teams i never call players by their first or last names i always use their shirt number....goes the saying... familiarity breeds contempt

If you're using first names name sure you know some names on both teams. Calling one of his team mates by their first name wil usually shut them up, more satisfying when you know the first name of the player having a moan of course.

lets not bring politics into this !!!

we cant agree at the best of times !!!:D

Settle down fellas. Let's play nice.

As for politics, it has no place on this thread :) aside from to agree ukip are a bunch of racist gits. :rolleyes:

I was watching one of my very good friends get slaughtered in this match and I tried to calm all issues with the players manager after the game. The lads team mates were aggrieved that they had lost the semi final. The manager was annoyed his team has lost their focus. Darren did well all through the match even after the said incident he didn't shirk his responsibilities. Top performance from a genuinely good referee. You don't get given another cup final in our league for nothing.

It was a misunderstanding that could have been very easily rectified. Instead he chose to kick off and brand you a racist... Absolutely disgusting !

Oh, he "chose" to kick off
That's an interesting point of view, apparently some people aren't entitled to have emotions :rolleyes:

Well I think it's fair to say someone will severely piss you off at least once a week... Are any of us in trouble because we've given the instigator a mouthful and/or a wallop ?
If I lost my rag everytime someone annoyed me then I wouldn't be here now, I'd be in a jail cell !
Mistakes happen, especially with names, there was no need for the way that lad went on !
There's nothing wrong with emotion, but when that "emotion" involves branding people racists; that's when I draw the line !

I can't believe no one else thinks there should be retribution if you're wrongly branded a racist !
You're the sort of person that's let this country become a politically correct mine field where everyone is terrified of voicing opinions in fear of being branded something they're not !

I'm still chuckling at the 'one stupid candidate' comment, further up the page

Back to the point of the op fellas. (I am already thinking I should just put the moderating fork in this one...)

Referee makes an innocent shout to a player. Player reacts badly due to a perceived injustice. Referee reacts with empathetic understanding of the potential situation he has created and by showing common sense (not sending the player off for his reaction) and then shows the maturity of his experience by reporting the incident.

Actually, that is all we need to take away from this.

Fork of moderation drawn from its sheath and inserted into thread.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back